Romanyk Consulting Corp – Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
The Project Architect candidate must have an in-depth knowledge of healthcare Architecture. A bachelor’s degree in Architecture with a minimum of five years’ work experience in construction documents and inspection including relative experience in clinical design and construction administration of healthcare type projects.
The successful candidate must be a creative, detail-driven, team player, able to work independently, yet be accountable to and interested in the bigger picture.
The successful candidate is equally skilled in Revit + AutoCAD, and assists their team to achieve high-quality design, deliver projects on schedule and on budget, while keeping eyes open for innovative opportunities to improve the process, plan or project.
This position works under the direction of the Practice Manager. This position requires the skills and abilities related to medical architecture and exhibit an expertise in healthcare facilities.
The Project Architect will participate in all phases of the architectural services including on-site investigation, design, construction documents and construction administration, including the following duties:
- Coordinate with Owner’s project manager and RCC’s consultants
- Review and compile owner provided project information and as-built documents
- Conduct On-Site Inspections and Photo-documentation of existing facilities.
- Produce detailed construction documents including progress updates and revisions.
- Compile project specifications from government database
- Ensure work is carried out to specific standards, building codes, guidelines and regulations. Predominate resource for VA projects is the Office of Construction & Facility Management’s Technical Information Library
- http://www.cfm.va.gov/til/criteria.asp – Physical Security
- http://www.va.gov/vhapublications/publications.cfm?pub=1 #1061 Legionella
- Implement project’s quality control process
- Assist in coordinating and obtaining approvals from regulatory authorities
- Continue education through seminars and participation in professional organization activities
- Be aware of possible business development opportunities for the firm.
In addition, the successful candidate must have the following skills and competencies:
- Bachelor Degree in Architecture is required.
- Five to Ten Years of Progressive Experience in Healthcare Projects is
- Experience in VA projects within the last two years is strongly preferred.
- Architectural Registration is required.
- NCARB Certification is preferred.
- LEED accreditation preferred.